Thursday, June 19, 2008

With all this free time, I finished my honeymoon book!

With considerably more freedom now that the school year is over, I've spent nearly every non-working minute working on our honeymoon book. I'm dead tired today because I finally finished it late last night and I had to work early this morning, which was not a good combination. I'm ordering it today and I should receive it sometime next week, if the turn-around time on the book Mango made recently is any indication.

I used a program called Blurb Booksmart to make our honeymoon book. It's a downloadable program that includes layout and style templates and lets you import your photos directly into it and click and drag them into the layouts. It was really easy to use (though I had trouble figuring out how to upload the darn thing), but the program was very much a resource hog and made my computer run really slowly when I had it open. However, this program was perfect for me, since I've always had the desire to scrapbook, but don't have the creativity to make one I'm proud of, nor the patience or time to ever complete any scrapbook I start. The other thing I really like about this program is that it makes "bookstore-quality books," though I guess I should reserve judgment until I actually receive the book I made.

I'm super tired right now, but at least I don't have to wake up early tomorrow since once again I'm working from home. I did make a decent dent in my list of things to do, since I finished my progress reports, photocopied the progress reports, and printed out all the pages of my company's web site. I tried to pick up stamps from my elementary school, but the secretary was gone for the summer, and the stamps are locked in her desk and no one else (not even our principal apparently) has the key. That is really stupid, in my opinion, but I don't make the rules or establish procedures. Tonight I'm planning to make a list of the materials I want to use again next school year, pack my car with all the materials I need to return to my company's clinic tomorrow morning, and continue editing the company's web site. That last piece is going to take me forever, because I have a lot of suggestions for how to improve it.

No comments: