It's been confirmed. The Spin class I recently discovered is disappearing this summer. I went again last night and Michelle told us that next week is the last week of the Wednesday 6:15 class, and that it'll start up again in the fall. The only good news I can glean from this is the fact that I actually went to Spin again last night. That's three weeks in a row, I'll have you know, and I'm feeling more fab than ever! My belly is starting to shrink, my booty seems higher, and I'm actually noticing that I have leg muscles again. Plus, Spin class each week seems not as killer as it was the week before. However, yesterday just might not have seemed as killer because Michelle was 15 minutes late, so class was only 30 minutes long. I really like her class, but seriously, lady, you missed a third of our class!
Today I'd wanted to go to the Pilates class at the gym near my house, but I chickened out in the end. As much as I wanted to go check it out, the thought of going to a new place all by myself, when I am confused by the way parking works and don't know the layout of the inside of the gym, was too much for me, and so I ended up staying at work until 7:30, partly because I had a lot to do and partly because I wanted to give myself no chance to possibly make it to the gym, I think. Anyway, I haven't stayed at work that late for my current job ever, and it was an oddly familiar feeling, one that I hope I don't continue.
I had some even more serious deja vu after we'd eaten dinner and Shweetie had finished watching the Lakers game. We went to McDonald's, went through the drive thru, and ordered two apple pies and an iced coffee. This all would have been fine and dandy, were it not for the fact that 1) we did the same thing last night, including ordering all the same stuff, 2) we went at exactly the same time last night, 3) I am wearing the exact same outfit as yesterday (hey, I work at two different sites so no one knows I was wearing this outfit yesterday except for the people at the drive thru, which brings me to my next item...), 4) the same two people were working the drive thru tonight as last night, and 5) Shweetie paid with the exact same amount as yesterday - the total was $3.14 and he paid with a $5 bill, a dime, and a nickel.
Why am I indulging in sugary snacks late at night when I'm trying to get to my Happy-Weight, you ask? Well, last night I only ate two tiny bites of one of Shweetie's apple pies (he saved the other one for breakfast this morning), and tonight I ate exactly half of one of the pies, and I still had over 400 calories leftover according to my Self Diet Club log, which, yes, I've been diligently filling in every week day since the end of March. (And I wonder why I have no time to complete projects around the house...)
No comments:
Post a Comment