- I have a fantastic husband who does more than his fair share of housework, prepares all of the household meals (including my breakfast and lunch), shops for groceries, plans all of our vacations, finds great deals on everything but doesn't sacrifice on quality, and plans great surprises for me on special occasions.
- I have a close relationship with not just my immediate family, but also my extended family on both sides. I know that I'm closer to some of my cousins and aunts and uncles than some people are with their own parents and siblings, and for that, I am truly grateful.
- We live in a house that is way cooler than I ever would have imagined I would live in, and thanks to the Hawks (for wisely investing money I received as a baby) and Shweetie's and my decent incomes, we own this awesome place. We also don't have to worry about what will happen when interest rates climb, because it won't apply to us or affect us.
- I bought a nice, reliable Hybrid car when they were still offering tax credits, and right before gas prices went through the roof. It has saved me a fortune on gas.
- I work for a really nice company that recognizes when we go above and beyond, treats us like human beings rather than numbers, and is letting me take it easy this summer while still paying me my full-time salary.
- I have picked a career that seems to have endless job security, and I have the potential to make a lot more money if I choose to become an independent contractor, which is probably what I will one day eventually do.
- My previous job, with its employer-matching benefit (and because my living costs were so low at the time), allowed me to save a lot of money for retirement. According to this article from Kiplinger magazine, and according to how much we are still saving on a monthly basis, we are well on our way to leading a very cushy life in retirement.
- I've been able to do more vacationing than I would have thought possible by my age. Again, I've been listening to colleagues at work who have never been out of the state, let alone the country, and I think about how I've been fortunate to visit so many places - Tahiti, England, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Canada, Mexico, Hawaii, New York, Orlando, and many places up and down the California coast. Because we're planning to start our family later (what's the rush?), we plan to take many other trips in the next few years, including Australia (in less than two months!), a Mediterranean cruise along the Italian coast and the Greek islands (hopefully next year during Thanksgiving), and Japan and other parts of Asia (2010).
- Again, I must give props to the Hawks for wisely investing money I received when I was a wee kidlet, so that I wouldn't have to take out any student loans to pay for school. Having no loans to pay back when I finished school helped me afford to buy a place, a new car, save for retirement, and still take long, leisurely vacations every year.
On top of it all, I'm still at Happy-Weight-plus-8 today (and even dipped down to Happy-Weight-plus-7.5 yesterday), so things are going wonderfully in every aspect of my life. I just need to remind myself of that whenever I'm feeling blargh.
No comments:
Post a Comment