I went to the gym today, planning to do some sort of cardio workout. I'd wanted to go to Spin but all of the Tuesday evening Spin classes are an hour long and I really can't take more than 45 minutes! So instead, I halfheartedly got on the treadmill and actually walked really fast and uphill for 10 minutes, even though I'd just posted today about the futility of walking on the treadmill when it comes to my body. I had just gotten off the machine, deciding it would be more beneficial to go stretch for half an hour, when I ran into K-Dawg. Turns out she was subbing for the mean lady Halloween, who teaches the Tuesday evening 5:15 Pilates class and 6:00 Extreme Stretch class. So I went to Pilates again tonight and then stayed for Extreme Stretch too.
K-Dawg ran today's Pilates class almost identically to last night's class, though she did make things a little bit easier since she didn't know a majority of the attendees and therefore didn't know their skill levels. I was able to keep up pretty easily with everything she did, which surprised me because I thought I'd be sore from yesterday. One person groaned at one point during the class and said, "Man, you're a LOT harder than Halloween!" which made K-Dawg and the whole class start laughing. After class ended, K-Dawg turned off her microphone and said to me and the other person who has taken her classes before, "Wow, I can really see the difference in abilities between the Monday night class and other classes. You guys rocked!" I was actually surprised that K-Dawg was so much harder than Halloween, since Halloween has a pretty hard-core following, and when she used to teach a lot of the Pilates classes at the gym, there were people who would only go to her classes, saying that she was the best instructor. I've never been to Halloween's Pilates classes, so I can't comment on them, but I've been to her Extreme Stretch and Spin classes and I decided that I don't like her as a person at all. She only pays attention to the men in the class (literally, she will sometimes not even acknowledge you if you're female, even if you say hi to her) and she's really mean. Some people like the meanness. I definitely do not.
The Extreme Stretch class was apparently run the way K-Dawg runs her Wednesday morning Yin Yoga classes. We got into poses and stayed in them for three minutes (she timed it with an actual timer) to let our muscles relax into the stretch and so that we could actually stretch the connective tissues that cause a majority of the tightness in our arms, back, and legs. She said that in her Yin Yoga class, they hold the poses for five minutes. I'm thinking it would be beneficial for me to check it out, so I'm considering going to her class tomorrow morning.
Man, that'd be a whole lotta K-Dawg this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment