In all the excitement of getting closer to my Happy-Weight, I've failed to mention two other significant events that have happened or have been happening lately.
The first is Aym's wedding, which was this past Saturday, and was a very unique experience. I didn't have my camera with me, so I'll have to wait until Aym and Spud come back from their honeymoon in Paris (where they get to see Deej - I am so jealous) and they post their photographer's pictures on their wedding website. It can be summed up like this: costume changes, lion dancers, tea ceremony, candle dancing, love song singing, sobbing Spud, sobbing mother-of-the-Spud, and sobbing sister-of-the-Spud. If that doesn't paint a picture, I don't know what does.
The other significant thing that's been happening is that IT'S ALMOST THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR! Whoo freaking hoo! Tomorrow is the last day of seeing kiddos for therapy at my elementary school site, and next week is the last week of the school year for them. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly to do for my kiddos party-wise. They keep talking about the pizza party their speech teacher threw last year, but so many other teachers are throwing pizza parties this year that it feels silly for me to throw one, too. However, Chicken Pox Kid has told me he'd rather have a pizza party than an ice cream party (something I was considering when I found out about the plethora of other pizza shindigs), even though his teacher is throwing a pizza party for them the same day I want to throw a party. Whatever. I should really stop stressing about the double dose of pizza, follow the path of least resistance, and give them a pizza party, too. Problem solved!
My spring fever is just as bad, if not worse, than my kiddos, even though I'm still working this summer. However, my load is going to be considerably lighter, and I'm really excited about one of my summer placements, which is only for four weeks during July. I'll let you know more about that when the time comes. I'm also going to be keeping my early intervention site for the summer, since they don't break till August - the same two weeks when I'll be in Australia.
Oh yeah, speaking of Down Under, we finally officially booked our airline tickets! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment