Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend recap, minus the restaurant review

The past weekend has been really busy, but definitely in a good way. Because of that, I think this might be the longest I've gone without writing a blog entry! *gasp* (Though I'm sure that the average length of time I wait between blog entries will become longer and longer after the novelty of baring my soul online wears off. Don't say I didn't warn you, my two faithful blog readers.)

On Saturday, Shweetie and I went back to Solano Cellars to check out a wine tasting that Wine Guy had told us about when we were there on Thursday. Every Saturday, Solano Cellars has a free two-hour tasting, and Wine Guy mentioned this one in particular to Shweetie since they were going to be pouring German rieslings and he knows how partial we are to them. So I got to drink three very delicious, sweet rieslings, and we ended up buying yet another bottle of wine. I've definitely come to enjoy wine a lot more in the last five years thanks to Shweetie, but the extent of my wine knowledge is still only that "I like cabs and white rieslings," so if you're wondering what wines we tasted and what we bought, you're out of luck. I suppose I could go to the garage to see what we bought, but, well, I don't feel like it. Sorry, folks.

After the wine tasting, we headed up to Rutherford for our Valentine's dinner at La Toque, which was very good. I have a lot more to say about this dinner, but I haven't downloaded the pictures yet, so I'll have to save that for another entry. I should have that up sometime this week.

Yesterday we went to the Hawks' to celebrate Chinese New Year, and we headed over there early because Hawk was hell-bent on the three of us going bowling. (Ba Hawk couldn't join us since he was at work. Tax season, ugh.) We got to the bowling center by 3:00 and - hurray! - we were actually able to get a lane right away. We bowled three games, Shweetie and I got to break in our new bowling shoes, and, man, Hawk was grinning from ear-to-ear, except for the two times she threw gutter balls right after spares. I started out well, getting the highest score of the three of us the first game, 135. After that it just went downhill for me. My second score was 100, and my third score was 83. Despite my pathetic score in the third game, my best frame happened then. I managed to spare on a 7-4-10 split. Believe me, that was all about luck, because I proved during the rest of that game that it wasn't about skill.




Today I was on a rampage, and made good use of my day off from work. I did five loads of laundry (washed, dried, and folded) and two loads of dishes, filed a bunch of paperwork, dumped all the garbage, cleaned out the fridge, and organized our closet so that it's actually a walk-in closet again. I also ran over to Banana Republic to look for a belt that Shweetie's been wanting (to replace the decrepit one he's been wearing), but couldn't find it. Luckily, Shweetie went to the Walnut Creek Banana Republic after work and managed to find one, though not in his size. He bought it anyway, though, because it rang up as $3.97. Dude! After all of that, I went to the gym and did 15 minutes of uphill walking on the treadmill and a really challenging Pilates class.

The only thing I did not do today was work on the report that I need to finish by tomorrow at 1:00. I suppose I really should be doing that right now, rather than blogging about my weekend, but I just really don't want the long weekend to end, and working on work-related stuff feels like admitting that the weekend is about to come to a close. Boo.

No comments: