Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sickness, meh

I didn't go to work today. I went to bed at a decent hour last night, and after a good, solid seven hours of sleep, I woke up this morning with a splitting headache and a sore throat. I notified everyone I needed to notify, and fell back asleep for another five hours. After 12 hours of sleep, I'm feeling a whole lot better. I think I've just been run down, plus lately I've been around a lot of sick people, some of whom cough and sneeze and wipe their boogery noses on me. I think I'll be good to go tomorrow, though.

I spent most of today's waking hours parked in front of the TV, watching various shows on TNT, while working on therapy notes, therapy plans, and IEPs. So, even when I'm resting away from work I'm doing work. On a happier note and much to Shweetie's relief, I've been in a much better mood about my elementary school gig, especially since I'll no longer be pulling Kid 2 from class, but rather pushing in to his class. He's much better behaved there, I'll be able to accomplish a lot more with him there in regards to his goals, and I won't have to deal with the behaviors or subject my dear Chicken Pox Kid to Kid 2's meanness. Despite the fact that I'm no longer angry and sullen about this placement (at least for this week), I still know that I'm ready to move on and that I will fight tooth and nail to NOT be there next year or even this summer.

1 comment:

Jonathan Penaflor said...

Remember: Children generally want less vicious kicks to the stomach. Additionally, male children, who have gone through puberty, generally want less vicious kicks to the groin area.