Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another No-Gym Day and My RealAge

Today I was semi-productive. I left work at 4:00, went to Dublin to cast my vote, bought red envelopes at 99 Ranch, and went to the bank to get bills for those red envelopes. This close to Chinese New Year, the banks are completely cleaned out of crisp bills, so to those recipients of lucky money from us, I apologize in advance that the money looks so decrepit. But, hey, money's money, right?

I didn't go to the gym today. As usual, something else came up that prevented me from going. I think I've just become too attached to these extra ten pounds and I'm determined to not do anything to try and rid myself of them. But seriously, I called Hawk to see if she wanted to go work out with me, and it turns out she and Aunt Hawk were shopping down the street from me at Mervyns. I met up with them and the three of us went to Peet's for tasty caffeinated beverages, which I really needed because I was practically falling asleep standing up. By the time all was said and done, it was 7:00 pm, and I decided I needed to get home to Shweetie so that dinner wouldn't be too late.

So now I'm home and we're watching the news to see the result of today's primaries. I'm going to work on some more therapy materials and then try to get to bed by 10:00 pm, because (surprise, surprise!) I can tell I'm trying to catch a cold. Again.

On a somewhat tangential note, I calculated my RealAge yesterday, and was sad to see that it's almost the same as my chronological age, whereas a few years ago, it was several years younger than my chronological age. According to their website, "Your RealAge is the biological age of your body, based on how well you've maintained it." After taking the test, I've decided that I must floss regularly again, take multivitamins, eat more fruits and vegetables, and up the amount of cardiovascular exercise I do per week (uh, right now I do about none). But I know from experience that I need to take baby steps. Flossing regularly seems doable for now! Check out your RealAge and see what small steps you can take to lower yours.

No comments: