Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"That's Marianne?" I asked.

So, despite the TOTAL lack of encouragement from my readers, I dragged myself to spin class tonight. Remember how I said I've only encountered three spin instructors I like? Well, it turns out Marianne is not one of those three, because I found out tonight that I'd never taken a class by Marianne. That third spin instructor I liked apparently no longer does spin classes at my gym, unless she's named Linda. (That would be really ironic since I opted not to go this past Sunday since Jamie is no longer the instructor and I didn't know who Linda was.) K-Dawg and Jamie no longer have any spin classes, so if Not-Marianne is gone, then I wouldn't have any spin instructors I like at my gym! Sheesh.

So after walking into the cycle studio and warming up for ten minutes, I was faced with an instructor I've never seen before in my entire life, who, as it turns out, is Marianne. The class was jam-packed, except for the four bikes right in the front. This is sometimes good and sometimes bad. Often times spin classes are completely full because the instructor is crazy hard or just plain crazy, which would be a bad thing in my book. Marianne's style turned out to suit me, though, and I would go back to her class. She also wasn't yelling into her microphone and didn't crank up the music so loud that the hair cells in my ears started protesting. However, she was also losing her voice, so only time will tell if that's her true style. The one bad thing is that I kept looking at the clock every two minutes. This could have been an indication that I was bored, or it might have been because I was so exhausted since I haven't been to a spin class since I-don't-remember-when. I mean, really, I actually don't remember, it's been so long.

After spin, I looked for Mango and finally found him right as partner Pilates was about to start. However, when I found him, he informed me that it had been canceled due to low enrollment. Boo. So, since we were wearing our Pilates gear and were fired up to do a Pilates workout (especially since we didn't get our abtastical fix on Monday), we headed over to the stretching area to do a 30 minute Pilates/stretching session. My abs aren't screaming like they normally are after a class by K-Dawg, but I figure it's better than nothing. We also talked to K-Dawg afterwards, and she said she'll be doing the stuff she'd planned for partner Pilates in our Friday night sculpt class, so we'll still get to see the cool stuff she'd planned, and we won't have to pay the $20 that the partner Pilates class was going to cost. So, it ends up being the best of both worlds.

I'm off to bed now. I just need to pack my Winnie the Pooh Valentine cards into my book bag to give to my kidlets tomorrow, and then I can call it a night. After so much exercise and a relatively light dinner, I think I've earned myself a little shut-eye.

1 comment:

Jonathan Penaflor said...

ME MANGO!

(that comment actually took me quite some time to come up with)