Friday was the worst day I've had at work since starting my new job. I have two kids that I dread in particular, Kid 1 and Kid 2. Kid 1 pissed me off by stealing something off my desk; Kid 2 pissed me off by crying when he was losing at Candyland and mocking Chicken Pox Kid when I praised Chicken Pox Kid for doing a good job and trying hard. In the end I had to call Kid 1's mom and tell her about her kid stealing something from me. Luckily she was cool, but this was the first time I've had to rat out a kid, and it didn't feel good.
I have my review with my bosses in March, to talk about how I've been doing and to talk about what I'd like to do next year should I wish to continue with their company. Right now I'm leaning towards staying with the company, since I really like my bosses and they're very personable and make me feel valued. As of a couple of weeks ago, I was waffling about whether or not I wanted to keep my elementary school placement next year, but after Friday with Kid 1 and Kid 2, I've decided I'm so over elementary school kids and their attitudes. I mentioned my ambivalence to my bosses on Thursday, and they said that continuing full-time at my early intervention site could be a possibility, or that they possibly had an early intervention site placement in Hayward and/or Dublin. I'm not sure if the Hayward/Dublin thing is one gig, or if they're two different gigs that I could choose between, but I would love being placed in Dublin a couple of days a week. It would definitely increase the possibility of me going to the gym, since I'd be ten minutes away and would have absolutely NO excuse to not go 'get ma thin on'. I could also call up Mango every time I'm in Dublin and tell him, "Bring me some sushi, Mango!" and we could eat lunch together (albeit it'd probably have to be in my parking lot since my experience at my two current placements has been that I only get 30 minute lunches), but it'd be cool to hang with Mango again and eat sushi. Or champon! (I'm starving right now and this talk of sushi and champon is killing me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment