Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Why is there no Koko Black in the Bay Area?

So my favoritest thing EVER in Melbourne was this place called Koko Black. They had the most delicious hot chocolates I have ever had. It was so rich and creamy and chocolatey, and there is seriously nothing as satisfying on a cold winter's day than a takeaway cup of hot milk chocolate to warm your hands and insides. They had several branches in Melbourne, so I had a Koko Black hot milk chocolate three days in a row. Shweetie asked me, "So if there was a Koko Black at home, would you drink this every day or Peet's?" Folks, I would actually trade off between Koko Black and Peet's every other day if there was a Koko Black near us. Now you know just how serious I am.

We also tried some of their chocolates and a truffle. The truffle was excellent, but the chocolates were forgettable. It doesn't matter. It's the hot chocolates that matter.

The first time we tried these life-altering tasty beverages was at the Royal Arcade.


This location had an upstairs seating area, overlooking the Arcade.


I ordered the traditional milk hot chocolate.


Shweetie ordered the iced chocolate, which was also amazing, but not as mind-blowing as the hot chocolate.


Chocolatey daydreaming...


I would go to Melbourne again for these hot chocolates alone. Hmmmmm, I guess we should go back in the winter again, huh?

No comments: