Saturday morning Shweetie and I headed over to CJ and Hammer's house to celebrate CJ's birthday. We again saw Ho, Jamu, and Sunshine, as well as several other friends. CJ and Hammer made some delicious triple-decker turkey sandwiches, stuffed with mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce.
Once everyone was there, there were two dogs, three toddlers (14-months old, 22-months old, and a two or three-year old), and two infants who are only a day apart in age (each almost seven months old). It was fun catching up with everyone and seeing the growing broods, but it reminded me that 1) I don't want any dogs...probably ever, and 2) I'm not ready to have kids yet. The two newest sets of parents were talking about their sleeping patterns and adventures in introducing baby food to their kidlets. Listening to them talk made me realize that even five years from now might be too soon for me to start popping out my own kidlets. I crave the relative calm of my current life too much. Besides, I have plenty of my "own" kids at each of my job sites, and the best thing about my job is that when the school day ends, I send all the kidlets and kiddos home to their parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment