Amazingly, I actually went to Pilates Sculpt on Friday after getting home from Six Flags. I got a great workout and I'm actually still a little sore from it today.
Saturday we spent most of the day lazing about, and then went and watched the new Indiana Jones movie. The movie was entertaining and certainly had nostalgic value, but we thought the plot was weak. Harrison Ford was still as good as ever as Indiana Jones, though.
Yesterday we went to the Hawks for my early birthday dinner. Hawk cooked my favorite chicken dinner, and then the four of us went bowling. It was the first time Ba was able to join us. The past few times we've gone he'd been working. I bowled much better than last time (meaning I actually broke 100 on all three games, whereas last time I didn't break 100 on any of my three games), and Shweetie had his best game ever.
In the first game, I hit a strike on my first frame. Hawk bowled second, and also got a strike. Shweetie was third, and he got a strike too! The pressure was too much for Ba, so he didn't get a strike. After that it was all downhill for me. I ended up bowling a 109 the first game.
The second game, I was worried I wasn't going to break 100 again, but I did finally break 100 in the ninth frame. During the tenth frame, I hit 6 pins on my first ball, and said, "Hey, if I miss the rest, I can get 109 again!" I then inadvertently threw my next ball into the gutter, so I ended up with the same score. Apparently I jinxed myself.
The third game, I could tell my arm was getting tired and my aim was completely gone, so I had one frame where I threw two gutters! However, during the ninth frame, I was lamenting that I wouldn't break 100. As I was about to bowl my tenth frame, Ba said jokingly, "Hey, all you need to do is get two strikes and then hit two pins in order to get 109 again," to which I replied, "Yeeeeeeah. Right." To my total shock, I threw a strike on my first ball. In the tenth frame, if you hit a strike on your first ball, you get two more turns. I took my second turn, and threw another strike! This was all the more shocking because that entire game, I had only had one spare and no strikes. On my last turn, I hit nine more pins, so I ended up with a total score of 116, and that third game ended up being my highest score. I guess I bowl better when I have no aim.
Shweetie bowled 168, 178, and 118. Like me, his arm and aim were going by the third game. Hawk had a really good bowling day, and even bowled a 191 for one of her games. Ba took a while to get his groove back (he hasn't had all the practice that Shweetie and Hawk and I have had these last few months), but his game scores got progressively better and he always beat my score.
We had a fun time, and the best part is, my hamstrings are not sore today the way they usually are after we go bowling. I guess I'm getting into better shape for bowling, whatever that means. Oh, the other awesome thing was that each game only cost $2 on Sunday nights, so our whole bowling trip (four people, three games each) only cost us $24 total, instead of the $60 it would have cost us normally. Woo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment