Yes, it's already the middle of May, but I am finally, finally taking care of my stupid passport. Last week I made a trip to the county recorder's office, only to be told that in order to apply for a name change on my passport, I have to mail it in and can't apply in person. Oh brother. I was also told that the little boo-boo I'd made and crossed out on the application (I wrote my name where I was supposed to write Shweetie's name) might be OK, but that it was at the discretion of the person reviewing my application. Great. So, of course I procrastinated some more and didn't redo the application until this weekend, and then it's taken me until tonight to finally get around to preparing my package to mail to the National Passport Processing Center. Whatever. Their timeline says that I should receive my passport back from them within four weeks of them receiving my application, so I should receive it sometime mid-June. See? I'll still have two months before my trip in August - plenty of time.
Thankfully, Shweetie offered to mail it for me, so at least I know it'll actually get sent out tomorrow. If I had to rely on myself to actually get it to the post office, I know I wouldn't do it for another couple of weeks. I'm such a procrastinator.
No comments:
Post a Comment