Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Last night, we had the Hawks over for Mother's Day dinner. Shweetie made braised short ribs and creme caramel again, which turned out just as good as last time. He tried out a couple of different types of beef, and discovered that Safeway's beef short ribs are cheaper than other stores' short ribs for a reason - they're not as good. The beef he got from a local specialty store was a lot more tender. The creme caramel turned out very creamy - even creamier than when he made it for the cousins - but the caramel did not have that slight burnt taste that it had last time, which disappointed Shweetie, but I still thought it was excellent. Good job, Chef Shweetie! I think the Hawks enjoyed their dinner.

I got Hawk a gift certificate to the bowling center by their house, which I can tell Hawk is already itching to use. Hawk is so funny; she's so easy to please. Now that it's May, the bowling leagues are over, so it should be a lot easier for us to get a lane when we go now. Hurray!

Anyway, I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day and remembered to tell your moms how much you love them. (Hawk, we love you! Happy Mother's Day!) And to all of you who are celebrating Mother's Day as mamas yourself, have a wonderful day and know that you are loved and appreciated!

No comments: