Today was a hard day. I really wanted to be productive, but I mostly just bummed around the house and fretted about how to make it more organized. There is stuff everywhere - all over the study floor, the coffee table, the kitchen table, the garage. The only place that's pretty organized is our upstairs walk-in closet, but there's no more room in there to store anything. What I'm struggling with most is that there's nowhere to put any of the stuff that's lying around. I feel like I've thrown away or given away a lot of the stuff we don't need or want, but I still can't escape this feeling that my stuff is taking over the house.
I tried setting manageable goals today, but even that didn't work. I said I was going to do laundry and unpack one box in the garage, and Shweetie agreed to dust and vacuum the bedroom. Shweetie quickly finished his tasks, and even went grocery shopping for the week. When I went to do the laundry, I realized that we didn't have enough pieces to complete a load, and I didn't want to waste water. So I set to work on a box in the garage. I did manage to reorganize a couple of things in the garage, so that we only have stuff along one wall, rather than stuff along both walls, which should make it a little bit easier for us to maneuver. I also unpacked a box that was filled with random things from my old desk, but now most of those contents are strewn across our current desk, and I have no home for most of these things. The box was mostly filled with random pens, pencils, and post-it note pads, and I've determined that this supply will probably last me for the rest of my entire life. I don't want to throw these things away, but what the heck am I supposed to do with a lifetime's worth of office supplies?!
Someone save me from my crap!
Here are my small, manageable goals for the week: go to social security to apply for a card with my married name, go to the bank and deposit the $59 in coins that are strewn across the coffee table, return the coffee mugs that have been sitting on my kitchen counter for the last month, and write a thank you note to my supervisor for the wedding gift she gave me a couple of weeks ago. Someone please hold me accountable for these things, I'm begging you, for my own sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment