The hacking part of my cold has taken over me, meaning that trying to sleep through the night is now a near impossibility. Last night I stayed up trying to finish an IEP for a 9:00 am meeting this morning. I went to bed late, and then spent the next two hours trying to fall asleep. I kept dozing off, only to be awakened five minutes later by racking coughs. Needless to say, I was not well-rested when I got up this morning to go to work. I went to work anyway, suffered through my first session, then went to my IEP meeting, which - big surprise! - the mom forgot about and missed. We held the IEP without the mom, and my voice was becoming more and more gone. After the meeting, I decided to call it a day, both because I'm exhausted and because I'm completely hoarse and keep having coughing fits. I've been sounding and feeling awful since Wednesday (some of my kids were covering their faces during our sessions, yelling at me, "Don't get me sick!"), so I think it's best that I come home and rest.
So now I'm sitting here at home, watching Season 2 of Charmed, which Shweetie got me for Valentine's Day. I also installed our new wireless router, so that I can do work on my laptop upstairs. I'll be vegetating for the rest of the day, I think, drinking lots of fluids.
No comments:
Post a Comment