Shweetie and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day today instead of on the actual day. Well, actually, Shweetie decided this, and he did so mainly because for my Valentine's Day gift, he'd gotten us tickets for the San Francisco Ballet's production of Swan Lake, which is only playing from February 21st through March 1st. He also figured it'd be easier to get us a dinner reservation tonight than on Valentine's Day.
We had a lovely early dinner tonight (which I'll post more about later), finished up at 7:30, and headed over to the theater for our 8:00 show. Parking around the theater was a nightmare and it was starting to sprinkle, so Shweetie dropped me off at the curb, and I went inside while he tried to find a space. I queued up to get into the lobby, and when I got to the woman who was scanning tickets, I handed her my ticket wordlessly. I was already wondering whether the people handing out programs behind her were doing so for free or whether I had to pay for them, when I heard a buzz sound coming from her scanner. She frowned at the ticket, squinting, before handing it back to me, saying, "Hon, this is for next week. See?"
Sure enough, I peer at the ticket, and at the top it reads, Saturday, February 28th. Feeling like an idiot but wanting to laugh all the same, I stepped out of line, pulled out my phone, and called Shweetie, who was still trying to navigate into the nearby parking garage.
"Hello?"
"Shweetie...um, our tickets are for next week, the 28th."
"...OH yeah..."
No comments:
Post a Comment