Today we and the Hawk attended a Jack and Jill baby shower for Mango and Mrs. Mango, who are due in March with their first kidlet. They're 90% sure they're having a girl, which is good, because they received a heck of a lot of girly things at this shower!
We played this hilarious game where we had to identify the smushed candy in the diaper. It is definitely one of the most disgusting games I've ever participated in and witnessed, and thankfully we don't have any photographic evidence of this game, although I would have liked to have posted a picture of the repulsed looks on Mango's face during it. We also played some other baby shower games, including one where we had to guess the number of diapers in this diaper "cake." Amazingly, I won a prize for guessing the closest number!
Hawk gave them the diaper bag and some of the other goodies for which they registered. Mango obviously enjoyed modeling it.
We gave them the bath set, monitor, and giraffe blanket for which they'd registered, as well as a giraffe and kitty footie. If anything, I'm sure they'll remember the giraffe stuff is from us. :) Ironically, the only box the blanket and footie would fit in (and I tried a lot of boxes), was a giraffe-adorned Banana Republic box.
By the time we left a few hours later, we were stuffed. Nom nom nom!
Wasn't the Hawk rockin' her hat?
No comments:
Post a Comment