I had a really weird dream last night. In my dream, I was sitting in some sort of biology class that was being taught at the Hawks' house by my former driver's ed/world history/tennis coach, Mr. Be Ready. I slipped out of class because apparently the area right outside the Hawks' house was a one-hour parking zone, so I needed to move my car to another street. I'd thought it would only take me five minutes to move my car to the street right outside the Hawks' court, but there were a lot of kids playing in the street and a bunch of cars parked there, too, so it took me a long time to maneuver through. Once I finally got my car into the space, I got out of the car and realized I'd parked perpendicular to the curb instead of parallel. I got back in the car and moved it further down the street. Sometime during my parking attempts, Shweetie apparently joined me. By the time I finally got back to my Hawks' house, 20 minutes had passed, and the whole class had left for a swing dancing lesson, according to both Ba, who was working at the kitchen table, and Hawk, who was working at her desk in the study while wearing her pink bathrobe. Both of them knew the class had left five minutes beforehand, but neither of them had bothered finding out where the swing dancing lessons were taking place. Thanks Hawks. I called a friend of mine, Captain Picard, who I have not talked to in at least eight years. I can't remember what he said on the phone now, but it was not helpful. And then I woke up.
Interesting thing to note: Back in high school, this teacher would regularly do things that had nothing to do whatsoever with the curriculum, like have us watch "The Gods Must Be Crazy," during world history, so it's only fitting that he would have squeezed a swing dancing lesson into our biology class.
No comments:
Post a Comment