- Notches on their bedpost
- Their weight
- How much they spend
The second item, weight, I find really odd, too. I mean, your husband knows exactly what you look like and obviously loves you anyway, so what does it matter if your husband knows how much you weigh?
The third item is what has me the most flabbergasted, although I guess I shouldn't really be surprised, because money is one of those things that causes so many arguments in marriages. But seriously, if Shweetie and I were not on the same page about money, we never would have gotten married in the first place. That might not sound very romantic since love should conquer all, but I think arguing every day about finances would more than kill that romantic spark, dontcha think?
Anyway, let's say you spent $500 on a new purse, but claimed it cost $50. How the heck do you hide that from your husband? I mean, won't he notice that your bank account balance is now $450 less or that your credit card balance is now $450 higher than it should be? Neither of us would ever be able to hide how much either of us spent from each other. We have a very specific amount we try to save every month, and we painstakingly detail out every cent we spend every day to determine exactly how much we spent and how much we saved each month. Sounds anal, I know, but it's helping us save up for the down payment we'll need when we decide to buy our next house, and so far this calendar year it's kept us completely on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment