Thursday, July 31, 2008

I got a raise!

I met with my bosses today to go over my new contract. I'm so pleased with how things turned out! They are really generous and always make sure to recognize when I go above and beyond. My efforts this summer did not go unnoticed and my base pay went up 7% since last year. Woo hoo! Shweetie has already earmarked that extra monthly cash flow towards the car he knows he will have to buy in the next couple of years to replace his trusty old Acura.

Though Shweetie's sister kept encouraging me to work as an independent contractor because she knew I would make a lot more money, I'm glad I decided to stay on with my company. Not only did I get a nice pay increase, but I also feel appreciated there. Besides, it's nice to be told that I've gotten positive feedback from my colleagues at each of my sites, and that my bosses want to clone me. Sometimes, especially on the days where the kiddos and kidlets make me want to tear my hair out, I really need that positive reinforcement.

No comments: