Yesterday was not nearly as productive as I would have hoped, but I did get rid of five boxes of stuff (though it's now all sitting in the Hawks' garage - oh no), I did go to Pilates, and I did return stuff to Macy's. I did not, however, go for a walk with Hawk and K-Dawg because it was pouring. I also ran out of time to look for a wrestling magazine. Part of the reason was because Hawk and I had lunch at Koi Garden, which had a ridiculously long wait for dim sum, even though we arrived after 2:00 p.m. and even though they told us the wait was 20 minutes (liars, liars, pants on fire...er, fires). The Hawk was very annoyed at the wait, yet I was not, which is kind of a role reversal, and I was the one who kept saying, "It's not a big deal. Don't worry, Hawk. Caw!" We didn't sit down until 3:00 p.m. and didn't finish until nearly 4:00 p.m.
So the food at Koi Garden was good, but they have you order off of a checklist instead of wheeling around carts. This doesn't work for me because for many of the items, I only know the names in Cantonese. The menus, of course, are written in English and Chinese characters. This doesn't help me. However, the food came out piping hot and for the most part was tasty. Only one dish, the shrimp cheongfun, was overcooked. Would I go back? Yes, after the hoopla has worn off and once the wait is really only 20 minutes.
After work today, I went to look for a wrestling magazine or even any wrestling books, but no such luck. By the way, I mean WWE/Raw/Smackdown, or as the Barnes & Noble employee called it, the "shiny stuff." If anyone knows where I can find anything "shiny stuff"-related, please let me know. My fourth grade wrestling-obsessed student thanks you in advance.
My study looks like a bulldozer has run through it and it's getting out of hand again. However, despite the disorganization in my home that is causing chaos in my mind, I'm going to say, "Oh well, good night," since I've had a splitting headache all day and my new Charter Club Nordicfil II Down Alternative Medium-firmness pillow is calling my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment