Thursday was the last day of school at my elementary school. I was scheduled to work at my early intervention site, but I asked my bosses if I could attend my fifth graders' graduation that morning and arrive at my early intervention site late. I didn't attend last year's ceremony but I really,
really wanted to attend this year's. Why? Because this year, one of my students had been selected to give one of the two speeches. I found this out several days beforehand from the student's mom, who told me that not only had he been selected out of all of the five fifth grade classes to deliver the speech, but he was also planning to mention me. I am so glad I went and am so glad that my bosses and my colleagues at my early intervention site are so supportive and understanding! My student did an amazing job and then, to top it all off, he brought me flowers afterward to say thanks for all of the help I'd given him over the past two years.
These are the moments that make my job so worthwhile.
I also had to say goodbye to my co-worker, our full inclusion specialist, who is leaving our elementary school to pursue her PhD in special education next year in Madison. We will miss her!

Bye Miss K! (Miss K, me, and Mr. Bug)
No comments:
Post a Comment