Sunday, March 8, 2009

RENT is even better with Adam, Anthony, and Bluesky

This past weekend was spent down in LA with Shweetie’s family, and I undid a whole month of working out in these two days by eating way too much and all kinds of bad things (Auntie Anne’s pretzels with nacho cheese two days in a row, McDonald’s caramel sundae, Beard Papa cream puffs). Although we were due for a visit – the last time we were down here was in January for his dad’s birthday – the main reason we were here was to see RENT, my favoritest musical of all time, which is playing for two weeks at the Pantages Theatre in LA. And this was not any old production of RENT – it was one in which two original cast members, Anthony Rapp, who played Mark, and Adam Pascal, who played Roger, were starring. Also, since the show recently closed in New York, most of the rest of the cast was direct from Broadway, and the acting was better than any of the productions I’d seen on tour. As the show was about to start, I was gripping Shweetie’s arm in anticipation, with a maniacal grin on my face.

Words simply can’t do it justice, but suffice it to say that the show was absolutely amazing, and I’m already ready to see it again. In fact, I feel jealous that Naan gets to see it next week, even though we were the ones who helped Hawk get those tickets for her. However, I can die happy, now that I’ve seen Adam and Anthony in RENT. The only thing that made seeing this awesome show even better was that my dear college friend, Bluesky, was able to join us, despite the fact that it was the weekend before her grad school finals. I was so happy I got to see her, since the last time I saw her was at my wedding. Oh, and happy belated to Bluesky, whose birthday was on Friday!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I just want to reiterate, I LOVE ADAM PASCAL! I think if I ever ran into him, I'd be one of those crazed fans who sobbed hysterically. So hopefully I don't actually ever run into him. But then again...