Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Most Embarrassing Story I've Ever Blogged

Today I did something, which, when I think about it objectively, was really embarrassing and quite frankly, fairly disgusting. However, instead of wanting to die of mortification, I want to laugh whenever I think about it. Be forewarned that this story might contain too much information.

So, Shweetie had given me a gift certificate for two hours of personal training for my birthday a couple of years ago (because I'd asked for it, not because he was implying anything unkind), and I never got around to actually using it. Lately, I've been crazy-workout-lady, and I don't need much in the way of personal training, especially since I'd gotten two free sessions recently for joining that weight-loss program in January. However, the one thing that continues to plague me is that no matter how much yoga and Pilates I take, my lower back and hamstrings don't seem to get any looser. So, imagine my delight when I picked up a personal training brochure recently, and one of the things offered was flexibility training! I asked K-Dawg, the one person whose opinion I really trust at my gym, who she recommended for personal training, and, out of the 24 personal trainers, she recomended two of the elite trainers (who cost more per hour) and Gicky. Naturally I went for the cheaper option.

I scheduled my first flexibility personal training session this morning. I decided to get a full workout in before my session, so I got there early and went to Gicky's Group Kick class, then did a quick pyramid superset for my biceps and triceps. I took a quick shower afterward, then hurried out to the weight room, grabbing my towel and gift certificate along the way. The first thing Gicky asked me, after saying hello was, "What's this?" indicating my gift certificate. I handed it to him, reminded him that I wanted to use it to pay for my four half-hour flexibility training sessions, and walked over to the desk with him, while he read the certificate and started a file for me.

While standing there, I put my hands on either end of the towel around my shoulders, and touched something sticky with my left hand. In horror, I realized that the used feminine napkin I'd removed before my shower and rolled up tightly into a little burrito shape, was, in fact, still sticking to my towel. Gicky was fiddling with his client binder and still looking at the gift certificate and there was a garbage can right next to the desk, so I nonchalantly unstuck the pad from my towel, tossed it in the garbage, threw my towel into the towel drop, and grabbed a fresh towel and threw it around my shoulders. When I looked up, Gicky was still writing diligently in my file. Luckily I'd rolled the pad up well, so the only thing showing was the white sticky side, and hopefully it blended into my white towel. I have no idea if Gicky had noticed anything, but if he did, he hid it quite well.

Embarrassing, huh? Oh well. Whatever. Oh, and my flexibility session itself went well, but I'll post more about what I learned once I've had a couple more sessions. My second one is Wednesday.

So now I've shared my embarrassing story. What stories do you have to tell me?

No comments: