There was this girl who I used to work with at my old job. I didn't work with her for very long, but she was really sweet and nice and really pretty, and she was actually the person who originally introduced me to K-Dawg's Pilates class. The other thing about her was that...she wasn't super bright. (I love this girl, but let's be real here.) She would often do and say the funniest things, without meaning to be funny, and it took her a really long time to get some things. Mango used to always say to me about her, "It's a good thing she's pretty..."
So, today I went to Group Kick, with that hot instructor, Gicky. It was beyond crowded. There must have been 30-40 people in class tonight, almost ALL of whom were women. Of course. I actually only remember there being one guy in the whole class. I admit that of the four Group Kick instructors' classes I've attended, Gicky is probably not the best at explaining what the heck the next sequence is. However, his class is always twice as full as the other instructors' classes. I'm sure there's absolutely no correlation between his looks and the number of female attendees in his class. Now I am always at Gicky's class because I really like his style - he's energetic and encouraging, but not so demanding and loud that I want to tell him to shut the hell up. His class is also at a very convenient time on Tuesdays for me. AND the fact that he's nice to look at is not a bad thing.
However, today Gicky honestly did not know what the hell he was doing. I know that the new release just started earlier this month (the routine changes every quarter, with new music and new choreography, but the same basic techniques every time), but there were three regulars in class today who knew the routine better than him. I ended up watching them instead of him, and there were actually a few times where I knew what we were supposed to be doing next and he was completely off. I've only attended classes with the current release twice so far! And, I'm sorry, but shouldn't you have the routine memorized when you're getting paid to instruct the class? He did explain that he'd been gone for a couple of weeks, but still. At least he was good-humored about it, didn't seem flustered, and laughed it off, deferring a few times to the regulars. I left tonight's class and found Mango, saying, "You know, it's a good thing Gicky's so pretty, or no one would ever attend his class and people would complain."
I'm hoping that the class will be less crowded next week, with newbies opting not to attend his class again because it was too hard to follow. Then I'll be able to practice my roundhouse kicks and jabs without worrying about knocking someone out or getting knocked out myself. And despite my complaints, yes, I'll still be attending Gicky's class. Good thing I know the routine decently well!
Here's what I spend an hour doing every week and why I burn so many calories in this class:
No comments:
Post a Comment