It's been another crazy busy weekend, and I'm feeling very accomplished. I did everything on today's to-do list, tackled the credit card name-changing project (as I mentioned in the post below), and also started opening a joint checking account for the Shweeties. Oh, and I also finally, finally wrote a thank you note to my supervisor, so that'll be going out tomorrow to her. Sheesh, I feel really guilty about how late that is.
We still haven't written thank you notes to Shweetie's family's friends, but I don't feel as bad about that because we didn't get the list of attendees until our most recent visit to LA, which was the first weekend of March. Plus, his family only wrote out a list because I kept hounding them for one. His parents kept saying they would get that to us, and while we were down there in March, they said, "Oh, it's been so long now, is it really necessary to send thank you notes?" I pointed out that a late thank you note was certainly better than no thank you note, and they assured us that they would tell their friends that the tardiness was completely their fault and not ours. I have a feeling that once we write the thank you notes, Shweetie and his family will say that we should just wait and bring them down the next time we're in LA, which isn't until Memorial Day weekend. So even though I feel this urgency to get them done, I know that after I finish them, they're likely to sit around for at least another month anyway.
Oh well, I guess I can't have perfect wedding etiquette all the time. We sent thank you notes to all of our wedding guests and to Hawk's cousins who attended our Bay Area wedding banquet less than a month after returning from our honeymoon, just as etiquette dictates, so I guess two out of three ain't bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment