Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I can't believe it! (No, this has nothing to do with butter)

Man, those social security people are efficient. I got my card with my new name on it in the mail today. It's been exactly a week! One of the to-dos that's been on my list for the last couple of weeks was to call the National Passport Information Center and find out if I could apply for my new passport before I received my new social security card. Um, I guess that's a moot point now.

So, I'm going to the DMV on Friday to apply for my new license. They estimate that I should receive it approximately 60 days after applying. They need to take a page out of social security's book, sheesh. Oh, here's a question for y'all - when I apply for my new license, what weight should I put on it? My Happy Weight or my current weight, Happy-Weight-plus-12? I mean, I have the best intentions of reaching my Happy Weight and staying at it, but putting it on my license preemptively seems like I'm counting my chickens before they're hatched. But then again, I'm going to be stuck with this license for probably 10 years. Then again, who really cares? What would you do?

No comments: