So the whole story is that my best friend Deej came to visit from Montreal and to stay with us for a night. I knew several weeks beforehand that he would be staying with us the Friday of my spring break (that is, after I'd had SEVEN days off from work), yet I still did not earnestly start cleaning the house until the morning of his 1:30pm arrival. This was incredibly foolish because the house was in a horrible state. However, I popped out of bed as Shweetie left for work, and immediately went to town. After four hours of nonstop cleaning, this is how the house looked. It's probably the most thoroughly I have personally ever cleaned our home.
Once Deej arrived, he and I headed to Berkeley and had a delicious lunch out on the gorgeous patio at La Note. The weather was perfect, and after a leisurely meal, he and I headed over to the UC Berkeley campus and then 4th Street just to wander around. We ended up at Peet's for a late afternoon java fix, then picked up a gift for Deej's mom at Bed Bath and Beyond, since his mother was turning 60 over the weekend, and this was the whole reason for his visit.
Shweetie came home shortly thereafter (and gave me the highest compliment possible: "Wow, it looks like *I* cleaned the house!"), and we then had dinner at Rubio's, since Deej loves Tex-Mex food and hasn't been able to have any on a regular basis, since he now lives in Montreal, and had lived in Paris for 10 years prior to that. After a fast and filling dinner, we headed back home and watched a few episodes of Glee, since Deej had gotten hooked on the show after watching the pilot on the flight to San Francisco. We all hit the sack after that.
The next morning, we all woke up super bright and early for a quick breakfast at Rudy's Cant Fail Cafe, and then Deej had to head out to surprise his mom.
Love this boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment