Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mmm...Fried Chicken at Ad Hoc

I can't remember how or why, but one day Sunshine suggested we make a trip up to Yountville to try the famous fried chicken at Ad Hoc. Ad Hoc is a casual family-style restaurant that serves a different four-course menu every night. Every other Monday, the main course is fried chicken. So yesterday evening, Shweetie and Sunshine and I drove up to Napa. The three of us savored and enjoyed every single course: the broccoli rabe and cauliflower salad, the juicy and delicious buttermilk fried chicken, the cheese course (that's right, we actually enjoyed the cheese course!), and the banana trifle. This trip totally redeemed Shweetie's and my last disappointing visit to Ad Hoc. I would even be willing to make another trek up to Yountville on a Monday night, and to miss spin and Pilates again, just for more of that amazing fried chicken!

No comments: