Friday, August 28, 2009

Architect Shweetie

Shweetie can now call himself an ARCHITECT officially. At the end of July he took the last of 10 exams required in order to become a licensed architect. The first nine tests were computerized and fairly simple compared to the tenth test, which involved orally answering questions to a panel of three interviewers. Can you say intimidating? He spent the better part of six months studying diligently, including meeting up with a study group once or twice a week to practice answering questions orally. After the test, Shweetie had a good feeling about it, but results would not arrive for another month.

Anyway, his letter came a few days ago, letting him know he passed, so that night we decided to try a Japanese restaurant nearby to celebrate. I consulted my handy Zagat guide and we settled on Uzen for dinner. It was pretty good but awfully expensive, so I don't think we'll be back anytime soon.


Hiryuzu: mushed tofu and fish, fried, and put in broth. Mmm...

The best thing about going here, though, is that we discovered a chocolate café a few doors down that is fabulous! It's called Bittersweet, and I love this place. Their classic hot chocolate was the best hot chocolate I've had since Koko Black in Melbourne, though it's not quite at the Koko Black level. I also (obviously) enjoyed their chocolate pot with caramel.





No comments: