Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Musings about Turning 30

I've had a lot of people ask me (or have heard from family members that people were wondering) how I feel about turning 30. People usually, upon hearing that I turned an age ending in "-ty" ask, "Oh...how do you/does she feel about that?" to which I or my family members reply, "Uh, fine...? I don't/She doesn't really care." And this is the truth. I've heard a lot of people say, "I'm turning 29 for the rest of my birthdays," but I don't feel that way. To me, age is really just a number, and what matters more is how I feel about where I am in life. I can truly say that I'm content with all that I've accomplished in the last 30 years and I'm exactly where I hoped to be. I hope that my next 30 years are as satisfying.

No comments: